I’m so excited to share with you a new blog series that I’m starting called Differentiation in Writing Workshop. I am very passionate about teaching Writing Workshop and have been teaching it my entire career in grades first through third. Through the years, trainings, and books, I have come up with some ways you can differentiate Writing Workshop in your classroom to reach all learners.
Here is what the series will include:
- How to use writing pre-tests
- Mini-lessons to fit your class’s needs
- Choice in paper and topics
- Effective ways to use a mid-workshop interruption
- Word walls
- Editing checklists – differentiated
- Anchor charts
- Strategy cards as a differentiation tool
- Individual conferences
- Students creating their own goals.
Check back Thursday for a new post in the series about how to use writing pre-tests to help differentiate Writing Workshop for your students.