So I finished Day #3 of working in my classroom. We only had about half of the day to work in our rooms since we had another new teacher meeting in the morning. I got more done yesterday and am starting to see a classroom coming together out of the mess. I got more boxes out, which helps. See my progress below (again, major warning – I still have a lot of work to do!)
Work in Progress – Classroom UpdateUncategorized August 17, 2013
One cabinet full! Lots of teacher books, extra math manipulatives, and academic games.
Second cabinet full. This one is kind of a miscellaneous cabinet – a little bit of this, a little bit of that. I don’t have a lot of storage except for these two cabinets so it’s not organized 100% to my liking, but it’s workable. In this cabinet, I have extra supplies, teaching supplies, board games for Fun Friday, and extra containers.
View from my teacher area. As you can see – less boxes today :-)! My first goal on Monday is to get the desks put in place so I can see what space I’m working with.
View from the front door. Yes, still a mess, but I’m getting there.
View of my small group area. This table is a little big, but they’re trying to get some more kidney tables which will fit better. I’m going to use that white storage drawer set for small group stuff.
My beautiful new bookshelves that my lovely boyfriend put together for me. Got these two Target bookshelves at Target in the college section for $17 a piece- great deal! This will house supplies for the students to access and writing materials. I still have room so I’ll post a picture when I fully figure out how I’m going to use these bookshelves.
Thank you for checking out my progress. Slowly, but surely I’m getting there.