Please note Amazon affiliate links are included in this post for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Today I’ll be rounding up a variety of teaching ideas that you can use during the month of March. I will share some engaging books, activities, and a FREEBIE that you can use with your class.
March Book Suggestions:
Here are five fun books that you can share with your class during the month of March.
- Pete the Cat – The Great Leprechaun Chase
- How to Catch a Leprechaun
- The Gingerbread Man and the Leprechaun Loose at School
- There Was An Old Lady Who Swallowed a Clover
- The Night Before St. Patrick’s Day
March Classroom Idea – Mischievous Leprechaun
On St. Patrick’s Day, the leprechauns visit our classroom and make quite the mess. They knock many things over and leave green leprechaun dust on the desks. The kids always think it is quite funny!
March Classroom Idea – Book Tournament
March is not only about St. Patrick’s Day. I also love celebrating March Madness with my class and even doing a little basketball transformation.
The book tournament is one of my favorite parts of this transformation. For the book tournament, we create brackets like the basketball team brackets. I created this poster board and then printed photos of the book that were competing. You could also print a blank Sweet 16 bracket online and either type or write the book titles in.
This tournament takes more than a day and students really get into it. I pick out 16 picture books that I have not read to my class yet and that are less common. I want to try to pick out books that my students are unfamiliar with. Each time, I read the two books that are competing against each other. The class does a silent vote and the winner moves on to the next round. They love seeing which book will win it all!
To see more about the basketball room transformation >>> CLICK HERE.
March Resource Suggestions:
Here are two of my favorite resources to use during the month of March.
- St. Patrick’s Day Word Problems – Word problems are a great way for students to practice a variety of math skills and build their problem solving abilities. These St. Patrick’s Day themed word problems are great for independent practice, can be used as an Around the Room Activity, and more! Get these word problems HERE for your math students! (Digital and Print and Digital Bundle are also available in my store).
- March Morning Meeting Activities – You’ll have ALL of your Morning Meeting Activities planned out for the month of March with these easy-to-use slides! These St. Patrick’s Day themed activities will keep your students engaged and having fun! Includes activities like Noggle, Word Creator, Story Starter, Quick Draw, and more! Grab them HERE.
These FREE March Writing Prompts are perfect to use in your classroom during the month of March! This FREEBIE includes 2 prompts. These engaging prompts are great to use as a writing warm-up, for homework, literacy stations, and more! Grab this FREEBIE >>> HERE.