- I can find words on the Boggle Board.
- I can record my words on my recording sheet.
ABC Station: This station would work very well for Kindergarten and 1st Grade. I had ABC puzzles at this station and alphabet books too.
Here are a few I Can options for ABC Station:
- I can make a letter booklet.
- I can put sight word puzzles together.
- I can put ABC puzzles together.
- I can practice flashcards.
- I can read ABC books.
- I can create my own ABC Book.
- I can write my letters on paper with a pencil.
- I can write my letters on a white board.
- I can practice letter on the wipe-off boards.
- I can write the class names on a paper or a white board.
- I can write the poems or sentences in my best handwriting.
Write the Room Station: I don’t have pictures of this station, but I loved using it in 1st grade because it got the kids up and moving.
Write the Room Station Ideas:
- I can search for words that have a certain letter in it.
- I can search for nouns around the room.
- I can search for short vowels, long vowels around the room.
- I can fill out the around the room response sheet and write sentences with the words I found.
Listening Station: Another great station for Kinder-2nd grade. At listening station, you could use cassette tapes or books on CD if you have access to a CD player with multiple headphone option. I’ve also had iPods in a classroom before and iPads and loaded books on CD onto them for the kids to listen to.
Listening Station I Can Options:
Making Words Station: Another great station for Kinder – 2nd. I have the Making Words book and have used many of the letters and word options from there. You could cut up some letters or have some letter tiles available at this station and see how many words the kids can make. The nice thing about this is you can fit the letters you pick to fit the spelling or phonics skill of the week.
Making Words Station Ideas:
- I can take my letters out of the envelope.
- I can move the letters around to make words.
- I can record the words I find on my recording sheet.
- I can use those words found to create my own sentences or story.
Poetry Station: Poetry station would work with any age group because you can differentiate the poetry material you provide.
Poetry Station I Can Ideas:
- I can read the poems (poetry books at the station or binder of poems).
- I can write my own poem.
- I can illustrate a poem
- I can compare and contrast two poems.
LITERACY STATIONS FREEBIE
Classroom Management Reading Station Ideas Technology Station Ideas Fluency Station Ideas Reading Response Station Ideas Vocabulary Station Ideas Writing Station Ideas Informational Text Station Ideas Spelling Station Ideas