Morning Meeting has been a favorite part of my school day for the last 5 years. It is a wonderful way to ease students into the day, practice important life skills like a proper greeting and how to listen, and review content through games and activities.
I have written multiple blog posts on this topic over the years and wanted to share them with you in one spot so everything will be easy to find.
Morning Meeting Posts
- Morning Meeting Introduction – This post introduces Morning Meeting and shares the positive benefits of using it in your classroom.
- Greeting – While the greeting component is often the quickest part it still holds meaning. Greeting provides every child a chance of feeling welcomed into the classroom. Greetings can be more formal and can also be silly and fun. You’ll learn some of my favorites in this post.
- Share – Share is one of my favorite parts of Morning Meeting. It is a great opportunity for building relationships and gives students a chance to practice listening and speaking skills. This post shares ways I use the share time in my classroom.
- Activity – The activity is a great way to practice or review content through games and hands-on activities. This post shares a variety of activity ideas for different content areas.
- Message – The message is a great way to activate prior knowledge and review past content. In this post I share tips and ideas for using the message component in your class.
- Morning Meeting Remix – This post shares ideas about how I created a routine for Morning Meeting. I share how I set a theme to each day and then the components focused on that theme (phonics, math, vocabulary, etc).
Morning Meeting Planner
Being the planner that I am, I found that I was needing something to organize my Morning Meetings to make them easier to use and remember from year to year. I created this planning page to help me stay on track and plan out my weekly meetings. This is a FREEBIE that you can sign up for HERE. In addition the planner, you’ll also get a cheat sheet with a few ideas for each of the Morning Meeting components. Enjoy!