The holidays are coming and today I’m excited to share some December classroom ideas with you!
December Book Suggestions:
Please note Amazon affiliate links are included in this post for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Here are five fun books that you can share with your class during the month of December.
- Little Red Sleigh
- The Jolly Christmas Postman
- How Santa Got His Job
- Olive, The Other Reindeer
- The Polar Express
December Classroom Idea – Candy Cane Science Experiment
Science experiments are always fun and this one includes candy canes! For this activity, students can make predictions about what they will think when you put a candy cane in hot water, cold water, and vinegar. They love seeing the changes that occur! This can also be a great opportunity to write down predictions and observations during the experiment. To learn more about it, click HERE.
December Classroom Idea – Polar Express Day
One of my favorite days at school is Polar Express Day! When I taught first grade we had a whole week dedicated to the story – The Polar Express. We read the story, worked on comprehension questions, and writing prompts about the book. Then, the special activity was our Polar Express Day. Each student wore pajamas to school and got their Polar Express ticket! To read more about this special day, click HERE.
December Resource Suggestions:
Here are some of my favorite resources to use during the month of December.
- December Morning Meeting Activity Slides – These fun winter or Christmas themed Morning Meeting Activity Slides will keep your students busy the whole month of December.
- Christmas Word Problems – Story problems are a great way for students to practice a variety of math skills and build their problem solving abilities. These Christmas themed word problems are great for independent practice, can be used as an Around the Room Activity, and more! Get these word problems HERE for your math students!
- Olive, the Other Reindeer Book Study – This book study includes comprehension questions and writing prompts that go along with Olive, The Other Reindeer. Click HERE to get this book study for your class.
Kindness Card FREEBIE
The holiday season is a great opportunity to promote kindness in the classroom and community. These FREE Kindness Cards provide many opportunities for your students to spread some holiday cheer! Click HERE to grab these FREE Kindness Cards.